A few days ago, I got a sweet little note in the comments section of my “About Me” page. It was to let me know that Chronicles of Bad Times nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award! I am well aware that I am far from a popular blogger, but it’s nice to know the people that are reading enjoy the content!
So based on what I’ve read in fellow nominee’s posts, I need to do the following:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Since I’ve already done number 1 & 2, I suppose that means I need to tell you 7 things about myself. Let’s see…
1. I started swimming when I was 11, and swam in both high school and college – I actually know one of the Olympic swimmers competing this year (we swam on the same club team)!
2. My favorite color is green.
3. I am obsessed with iced coffee.
4. I’m still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.
5. Summer is my favorite season.
6. I played field hockey my freshman year of high school and hated it because it took me away from swimming.
7. I am extremely competitive (though I keep it all internal).
I realize it says to nominate 15 blogs, but I didn’t want to just pick a whole bunch to meet the criteria. So instead, I made it 10, and picked my 10 favorite!
1. Krissy @ Shiawase Life – she is a super sweet, speedy marathoner who loves Disney just as much as I do, and I can’t wait to meet her after the marathon this January!
2. Taryn @ Sweetly Serendipity – she makes some of the most delicious looking treats, and I am always near-drooling when I read her posts! If only my baked goods could look so pretty.
3. Bess @ Bess Be Fit – she lives in my hometown and is also training for the Chicago marathon! And she can do lunges for a mile – homegirl is STRONG!
4. Katie @ She Rocks Fitness – another fellow New Jerseyian who has serious workouts, and is always motivating others to do the same!
5. Katy @ The Singing Runner – I’ve been interacting with Katy since the 2011 Disney 1/2 Marathon, and I’ve loved following her training. We’ve both had our share of injuries, but I love that she never gives up!
6. Caitlin @ Cait Plus Ate – not only does she have a witty blog title, even though I’ve never met her I can tell she is SO sweet. Plus, her fashion rocks!
7. Liz @ Little Bitty Bakes – a fellow swimmer turned runner, Liz makes drool-worthy treats, and who doesn’t share her Chobani love?!
8. Diana@ Veggie Next Door – Diana is always making yummy vegetarian dishes, and as someone that is on a quest to eat a more vegetarian diet, I love having her blog as a reference!
9. Jen @ This Runner’s Trials – also a (former) Jersey girl, Jen is a super speedy momma who has an adorable baby.
10. Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean – while in school and always coming up with fun workouts and yummy recipes, Lindsay is the organizer of Foodie Pen Pals, which is an absolutely amazing program that I’m so glad to be a part of!
So there you have it! Thanks again to Chronicles of Bad Times for the nomination, and hopefully you’ll check out the awesome (at least I think so) blogs above.
And in the meantime, why don’t you tell me who inspires you? I know all these Olympic athletes certainly inspire me!