UPDATE: The giveaway is closed! Thanks for entering, and congrats to Dori for winning! I’ll contact you with the details for how to register!
As I mentioned in my post earlier this week, I have an awesome race entry giveaway for you!
For the last two years, I’ve posted about the Newport 10k in Jersey City and encouraged any of you local folks to join me. I didn’t run it two years ago thanks to my femoral stress reaction but I did run it last year and had a blast! So I was excited when they asked if I’d be a VIP blogger again this year, and even more excited that they offered an entry to one lucky blog reader!
Just like every year, there are a few key reasons why I think this race is so great:
- It starts so close to home! That means I don’t need to take the PATH and subway and worry about travel plans just to get there like I do for most other races. And if even you don’t live IN Jersey City, it’s super easy to get to (you can take the PATH from NYC, or drive since there is ample parking).
- It runs through my neighborhood. It runs down the street on the opposite side of a small park from my apartment. You can see my apartment as you run by!
- It’s flat and has minimal turns, which means it’s fast.
- The views! Yes, I live here and run in the park and along the water multiple times a week, but the views of the city skyline never get old.
- I know a bunch of people that have run it in the past and sing its praises, which is good enough for me!
So, if you’re looking for a fast spring 10k, come run in Newport with me in May! You can enter to win a free entry below, but even if you aren’t chosen you should come run it with me anyway!
What: Newport 10K
When: Saturday, May 5th, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. (registration starts at 7am)
Where: Newport Town Square, 100 Town Square Pl, Jersey City, NJ 07310
Background: Known as the fastest course in the tri-state area, the Newport 10,000 is a 10K road race along the Hudson River waterfront in Jersey City’s community of Newport. Recreational and elite runners will have the opportunity to compete at the highest level for their share of $15,900 in prize money. The USA Track & Field-certified course is comprised of flat and local roads that interweave along the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway and provide spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline. Racers have access to four water stops during the race, as well as clocks at each mile.
Beneficiary: Proceeds will be donated to the Barnibas Health, Jersey City Medical Center, the area’s newest regional referral teaching hospital, providing the highest level of care for women and infants, and trauma and heart patients.
Distance: 10 kilometers (6.2 miles)
Registration fee: $30
Event Website: http://www.newport10k.com/
Seriously, come run with me! Or if you’re in the area, come out and cheer! If you want to enter to win a free race entry (that you have to redeem by April 14th), you can enter by leaving a comment to the question below, and I’ll pick a winner on Monday 3/26!
To enter, answer the following in a comment below: What’s your favorite race distance? And WHY?